ECI researched and designed catalyst system: Ammonia removal/distruction system air emissions testing
Facility chemical bulk storage (CBS) tank evaluation and report
Sampling and laboratory analysis for regulatory compliance
ECI has obtained Title V permits, state facility air permits, facility air registrations, and has negotiated with state agencies and EPA regarding compliance with and contents of permits including but not limited to:
- BACT and MACT regulations;
- Petroleum bulk storage (PBS) and chemical bulk storage (CBS) turnkey design;
- Permitting/certifications, construction (i.e., installation and closure), and devlopment of SPCC and SPR documents;
- Filed and obtained SPDES/NPDES water discharge permits;
- Permitted facilities with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA);
- EPCRA compliance;
- Developed software for and filed annual air emission inventories for Title V permitted facilities;
- Developed greenhouse gas emissions models and monitoring plans; and
- Performed other relevant regulatory environmental compliance requirements for private clients.
ECI has prepared facility documents:
- Spill Prevention Reports (SPR);
- Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP);
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans;
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) and Contingency Plan and Emergency Procedures documentation;
- Process Safety Management (PSM);
- Risk Management Program (RMP);
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) documentation;
- Provided spill response management and oversight activities to mitigate environmental and human health impacts; and
- Filed appropriate agency(s) spill event documentation for petroleum and hazardous substances.
ECI has successfully negotiated order-on-consent issues with lead agencies. ECI has provided turnkey services for design, engineering, and construction of petroleum and chemical bulk storage systems, bio-cells, wastewater treatment systems, and air and water monitoring systems. ECI has developed and trained facility employees to comply with ISO14000 standards.
ECI provides regulatory and technical support for performance contracts, energy audits, self-generation/peak shaving studies, and other energy reduction/conversion related projects and specializes in environmental compliance related to combustion by-products.
ECI's air emissions compliance services are recommended by many equipment manufacturers and representatives for thermal treatment systems, boilers, stationary internal combustion engines or turbines that drive electrical generators, and fossil fuel and bio-mass combustion systems related to federal and state regulations. ECI supports many of the performance contracts (i.e., guaranteed energy savings contracts) provided by third parties.
ECI has performed environmental evaluations and compliance activities for facilities related to fuel switching, self-generation, and energy reduction projects. In addition, ECI has performed energy and environmental evaluations to support New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSEDRA) program and Pennsylvania's Department of Environmental Protection “Pollution Prevention/Energy Efficiency Site Assessment Grant Program”.
ECI has provided environmental compliance and permitting strategy development and implementation for facilities that either elect to construct and operate a new process or in some cases elect to have a third-party own and operate a new process. ECI has provided services that combine or separate permits (i.e., separate owner/operators with one permit or multiple separate permits). Many of these permits were for boilers, stationary internal combustion engines, or other combustion sources used to supply steam, hot water, and/or electricity to processing facilities.
Since 1998 ECI has provided a number of industrial process facilities, food & beverage processors, and municipalities with facility wide environmental, health, and safety regulatory compliance turnkey (i.e., one-source) services including but not limited to design, construction, and management services. These process facilities were provided multimedia environmental, health, and safety evaluations/reviews that identified regulatory areas of potential concern that were subsequently corrected with the guidance and support of ECI personnel. The multimedia evaluations reviewed on-site documentation and operational practices related to hazardous waste generation, storage, and disposal practices; emergency planning and community-right-to-know issues; petroleum and chemical bulk storage including spill prevention and countermeasure contingency plans, spill prevention plans, and design and installation of off-loading and storage buildings and systems; boiler emissions, operations, and related fossil fuel burning issues; process and process emissions and by-products; contingency plan and emergency procedures; wastewater and storm water discharges; PSM, RPM, PRM, and PHA documentation; OSHA standards; and other appropriate regulatory issues.
ECI has provided a number of clients with regulatory compliance and engineering expertise for installation of stationary internal combustion engines to operate generators and compressors. ECI has provided engineering analysis of air emissions, identified related impacts to facility permits, and provided guidance including cost estimates on specific technologies and equipment to reduce/mitigate air emissions. In addition, ECI is proficient in developing and implementing least cost compliance strategies to meet environmental regulations included in facility permit(s) that encumber the facility. This may include but not limited to sampling/analysis, report documentation, agency notification, and agency report filing.
ECI provides additional services as follows:
Strategic Corporate Compliance:
- Product Related EH&S Compliance Requirements;
- Transactional Compliance & Due Diligence;
- Security Exchange Commission Environment Filings;
- Independent Cost Estimating; and
- Expert Witness.
- Engineering process and least cost regulatory compliance evaluations;
- MACT and air emissions permit and compliance activities;
- Stack test guidance, protocol development, and oversight activities;
- Indoor air quality and personnel monitoring;
- Dose/Exposure Assessment and Pathway Analysis;
- Health Physics and Radiation Protection and associated Quality Assurance;
- EPA, OSHA, NRC, or State compliance document development;
- Vehicle and fleet emissions testing and studies;
- Ground water, storm water, and well monitoring;
- NPDES/SPDES permit application and compliance activities;
- Phase I, II, and III Audits;
- Acquisition due diligence, equipment cost/worth evaluation, and environmental compliance needs and cost analysis;
- Electric Rate Analysis including Facility Peak Shaving/Self Generation and rate reduction negotiations;
- Emergency Response;
- RCRA facility investigation (RFI) and solid waste management unit (SWMU) activities;
- Site and SWMU stabilization/remediation activities including design, specifications, cost estimates, bid evaluations, and agency submittals;
- Ammonia refrigeration design and compliance;
- Petroleum and chemical bulk storage tank design, installation, product transfer, and closure;
- Waste water treatment systems design and operations;
- Multi-pathway risk assessments;
- Environmental insurance to improve bottom-line corporate balance sheet numbers; and
- Agency negotiations.